The IpsonCompact is an interface that converts voltages (0-5V) real-time into OpenSoundControl (OSC) messages and at the same time also converts OSC-messages into Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) or digital On/off (0-5V) voltages.
The IpsonCompact consists of one small printed circuit board (pcb) which is mounted on a aluminium heat-sink. It’s developed around a new version of the Microchip PIC chips series, the PIC18F4423. The IpSonCompact has only one processor doing all the conversions. It has 13 analogue inputs (12 bit resolution), 4 digital inputs and 14 outputs (PWM with a 8-bit resolution). The IpSonCompact will send all values of the analogue inputs around 1000 times per second. The sample rate is also adjustable from within Max/Msp. So if no high speed is needed, it can easily be switched.
The IpSonCompact can also be configured from within Max/Msp. The sample rate can be set, the threshold per input can be set and the outputs can be configured. The IpSonCompact also has a newer version of the Xport, which has a few improvements: the web-interface improved (more clear to configure) and the host settings are extended. It is easier to send the OSC data to more computers which are not in the same subnet (so called broadcast mode).
– 13 analogue inputs, 10 bit resolution (pic18f4420) or 12 bit (pic18f4523) range 0-5V (AD conversion) – 4 digital inputs (switch input)
– 3 time measurement inputs for 3 x ultrsonic distance measurement (srf05). All inputs have a +5V and GND (0V) connection in order to easily connect sensors or actuators.
– Sample rate is 1kHz (1000 times per second)
– Sample rate is adjustable in steps from 1Khz – 0,5 Hz
– All 14 outputs can be configured to be Pulse Width Modulation (8 bit) or digital (on/off)
– Also all outputs do have an extra +5V and Gnd connection.
– The IpSonCompact can deliver a maximum of 20mA per output
– external: Ethernet 10-100MB TCP/IP,
– Internal: 912600 Baudrate rs232 16 bit
– Communication protocol: Open Sound Controls (OSC).
9-15V DC, min. 300mA.
Battery power is possible (minimum battery 9V /2000mAh)
Power indication through LED
PCB: 100 x 54 [mm]